Assistant Treasurer – 100%
Founded in 1948, Ameropa is a Swiss, privately owned international agri-business. We produce, originate and market fertilizers and grains. Our headquarters are in Binningen, Switzerland, near the city of Basel. We have regional offices on all five continents and invest globally in assets supporting our business activities.
The Assistant Treasurer assists the Group Treasurer in the direction and management of organization’s treasury activities. Oversees and actively participates to various treasury tasks, reporting and projects and guarantees the financial transactions and procedures that fulfil the organization's goals, as well as the various regulatory body requirements. Together with the Group Treasurer, they actively manage the banking relationships of the Group.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, negotiate, arrange and control credit facilities within Group-wide guidelines.
- Daily contact with banks and other financial institutions
- Taking part in bank meetings with the product managers
- Ability to meet with senior officials of banks, corporates and develop strong and long-standing relationships.
Coordinate with various departments and prepare daily/weekly cash flow forecast.
- Assist Group Treasurer & senior management to review and analyze re-finance requirements, corporate finances & capital markets.
- Document all bank transactions and maintain track of all activities/statistics of bank accounts.
- Manage banking facilities and monitor closely credit lines utilization, headroom & cost of funding.
- Provide daily assistance to the Group Treasurer and operate treasury in line with existing procedures.
- Participate in various Finance meetings and provide expert insight to various internal stakeholders (e.g. Reviews monthly interest expense and accruals).
- Ensure the provision of adequate and efficient support services pertaining to Trading & Operations desks, resolving their queries/ problems.
- Actively contribute on daily cash & liquidity management operational strategies (i.e. Processing of treasury payments, cash pooling - target/zero balancing, cash optimization on all bank accounts outside the pool, investment of excess funds, loans maturity matching, forex & hedges management, etc).
- Provide support to business units on projects and initiatives such as financing projects by third parties
- Manage all functions in absence of Group Treasurer and execute all duties pertaining to them.
- Prepare add-hoc reports and presentations of treasury activities for internal and external stake holders
- 6+ years’ experience in a Corporate Treasury position
- Experience within a commodity trading house is desirable
- CTP/ACT/CFA preferred.
- Investment Banking/corporate finance experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, business, finance or management required.
- A reputable and visible tracking record of relationships with banks across many geographies.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage people
- Multi-geographical background a strong plus
- Excellent command of English language. German and French a plus.
- Strong IT literacy. Knowledge of MS Office including Excel a must.
- Knowledge of appropriate treasury and financial software packages (ERP experience)
- Ability to work in a team environment even in distant geographies.
- Financial analysis skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Managerial skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Written communication skills
In case of interest please send your full application (CV, motivational letter, work certificates & diplomas) to Ms. Lisa Steiner at email@example.com. Please mark your application “Assistant Treasurer”