Finance Manager - (M/F) 100%
Founded in 1948, Ameropa is a Swiss, privately owned international agri-business. We produce, originate and market fertilizers and grains. Our headquarters are in Binningen, Switzerland, near the city of Basel. We have regional offices on all five continents and invest globally in assets supporting our business activities.
For our office in Ravenna, Italy, we are looking for an experienced Finance Manager.
- Reporting to the General Manager of Ameropa Italia S.r.l.
- One direct report: supervision of one administration clerk
- Handle and supervise general bookkeeping (externally or internally)
- Review of service and general overhead invoices, and ensure correct booking
- Calculation and booking of service fees
- Daily/weekly bank reconciliation and booking of inflows/outflows
- Ensure compliance with Italian accounting standards
- Handle and supervise month-end closing including reconciliation of bank accounts, intercompany positions, account receivable balances, stock positions, etc.
- Assessment of stock and accounts receivable provisions
- Preparation of year-end statutory accounts in line with local applicable GAAP
- Handling of local statutory audit and liaison with external auditors.
- Preparation of annual budget
- Monthly Financial reporting to Headquarters
- Ensure timely closing and reporting of Ameropa Italia’s statutory audited financial statements to Headquarters.
VAT and Other Tax Matters
- Review VAT compliance on purchase and sale invoices, initiate corrections if needed
- Ensure and supervise preparation and filing of income tax return
- Liaison with local tax authorities in the context of tax audit and timely information to the corporate tax function at the headquarters
- Ensure preparation of transfer pricing documentation in accordance with Italian laws and regulations.
- Payment processing to intercompany entities and to Third Parties
- Preparing cash flow forecast and monitor cash situation.
- Organization and preparation of company board meetings
- Filing of statutory accounts and other compulsory statutory declarations with the relevant local authorities.
- Preparation and issuance of monthly Intrastat declaration file
- All activities involved for good operating of the office: material safety sheets, car taxes, utilities contracts, phone contracts, etc.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Accounting background and qualification
- 5 to 10 years of experience
- Knowledge about commodity trading industry is a plus
- Fluent in English and Italian, written and spoken
- Flexibility to travel
- Autonomous person, able to produce financial statements from books of original entry
- Hands-on and flexible
- IT-savvy – ability and willingness to work with an ERP system and advanced command of Excel
- Used to dealing with international counterparts.
In case of interest please send your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of
Mr. Roman Antonov. Please mark your application "Finance Manager".