FOOD & FEED JUNIOR CONTROLLER / MIDDLE OFFICE ANALYST
Founded in 1948, Ameropa is a Swiss, privately owned international agri-business. We produce, originate and market fertilizers and grains. Our headquarters are in Binningen, Switzerland, near the city of Basel. We have regional offices on all five continents and invest globally in assets supporting our business activities.
The Middle Office Analyst is responsible for timely and accurate reporting of daily trading position, p&l and risk metrics of our Food & Feed business.
The position is central to our trading activities and interacts with traders, operators, IT and management. The Middle Office Analyst is based in Vienna, and reports to the Food & Feed Controller.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily reconciliation of contracts vs broker and other external statements
- Daily reconciliation of positions vs ERP
- Ensure all trades in foreign currencies have been adequately hedged
- Daily calculation of trading position, p&l and risk exposure of the Swiss entity
- Cross-check ERP data entry with daily reporting throughout the lifecycle of the trade
- Weekly and monthly reconciliation of the daily p&l with the accounting p&l
- Coordination with local offices to publish a global Food & Feed position and p&l report
- Support Traders, Operations & Risk with various analysis, and reporting
- Assist in the development of Ameropa’s trading system and roll-out of the Food & Feed middle office function globally
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position in finance, accounting, or middle office
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of working with and developing reporting tools (e.g. PowerBI) and ERP systems (MS Dynamics AX) a plus
- Experience in commodities trading mandatory, preferably with an international grains & oilseeds trading house
- Team player accustomed to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Structured, result-driven and attention to details
- Full business proficiency in English is required. Additional languages preferred
IIn case of interest please send your full application (CV, motivational letter, work certificates & diplomas) to Mr. Roman Antonov at email@example.com. Please mark your application “FOOD & FEED JUNIOR CONTROLLER / MIDDLE OFFICE ANALYST”