OPERATOR [TRADE OPERATIONS – GRAINS] – 100%
Founded in 1948, Ameropa is a Swiss, privately owned international agri-business. We produce, originate and market fertilizers and grains. Our headquarters are in Binningen, Switzerland, near the city of Basel. We have regional offices on all five continents and invest globally in assets supporting our business activities.
The position will be based in Lausanne office, part of the Grain Trading Operations and reporting to the Head of Grains Operations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execution of purchase and sale contracts
- Vessel nomination and appropriation
- Daily contact with inspection, local agents, service providers and vendors and customers
- Shipments and operations follow-up
- Prepare and check letters of credit and ensure follow-up
- Demurrage and laytime calculation
- Issue and control customer invoices
- Book, control and validate for payment vendors invoices
- Daily update and fill the internal files and ERP
- Results follow up and costs reconciliation with Trading and Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, International Relations, or a closely related field.
- Min 3 year of experience in commodities operations and/or trade, preferably with an international trading house.
- Fair knowledge of Intra-EU VAT rules, INCOTERMS, GAFTA/FOSFA and basic legal principles of a contract creation.
- Experience with letter of credits, basic understanding of accounting principles (invoices, costs distribution) – a plus.
- Team-player, dynamic, flexible, hardworking, and eager to go the extra mile.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage time effectively.
- Very proactive with strong ability to face pressure and respect deadlines.
- High levels of integrity & professional standards.
- IT savvy and excellent command of MS Office suite: Excel, Word, Outlook and MS Teams.
- Fluent in English, both written & spoken, further languages are an advantage.
In case of interest please send your full application (CV, motivational letter, work certificates & diplomas) to Mr. Roman Antonov at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your application "Trade Operator".