IT Programme Manager
Switzerland (Lausanne or Binningen), other European offices considered
As Ameropa’s Programme Manager you will be accountable for providing IT Leadership for the company’s IT transformation programme, including the definition, planning, scheduling, execution, and successful completion of Ameropa IT Transformation Programme by ensuring that project management best practices are applied to all project areas, including scope, timeline, budget, resources, risks, and communications. This includes all phases of the program since the development of Request for Proposal (RFP), Statement of Work (SoW), and vendor selection till the full deployment of the programme. You will form an integral part of the Group CIO’s leadership team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Validate plan scope and associated time/resource estimates with supporting business owners and customers, manage project tasks to achieve designated milestones and timelines
- Identify risk factors and contingency plans, communicate project status and critical risk factors to stakeholders, and escalate issues to adjust project scope, resources, or timelines
- Consult directly with resource managers to confirm resource availability and allocations
- Collaborate with architecture and operational teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards
- Ensure accuracy of project charges and time reporting, report variances, and provide financial forecasts
- Ensure that assigned projects are completed within estimated hours, established completion dates, and approved budget
- Ensure that the project team understands and adheres to established project delivery methods
- Ensure the business customer receives the solution as identified in the business requirements and scope of the project
- Develop and follow appropriate transition plans to move projects from integration to ongoing support
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with customers, stakeholders, and project team members
- Perform all responsibilities within IT policies and directives at or above performance and evaluation standards.
- Work with the PMO & IT Governance, Head of Infrastructure, Head of Applications and Head of Security to ensure Ameropa’s IT programme is aligned with the company’s best practices.
- Heads of Business Units and Functions across the Ameropa Group
- Operational Managers and teams
- IT colleagues embedded in the different entities and locations globally
- Group Leadership Team (GLT)
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration with proven experience as Programme Manager or similar senior role. Relevant Project management qualifications (Prince 2, PMP)
- 7-10 years of IT and/or related industry work experience, with at least 5 years of experience managing IT projects
- Excellent knowledge of a broad range of information systems with a background in designing/developing, strategy, systems architecture and managing implementation. Deep expertise of CTRM and ERP software and solutions in the Agri-commodity industry.
- Excellent organizational, project management and leadership skills, with the capacity to effectively lead multiple, complex IT projects.
- Self-starter who is well organized and an effective proactive leader who takes the initiative to meet personal, departmental, and corporate goals. Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced environment. Outstanding communication, relationship building and interpersonal abilities.
- Fluency in English is essential; additional languages would be a plus
- Comfortable operating in fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging trading environments; experience in the transformation/evolution of a dynamically growing businesses
- Able to communicate and present in a clear and concise manner (orally and in writing), influencing others positively
- Down-to-earth character, solution-driven, goal-oriented, and assertive with a diplomatic flair
- Proactive, strategic thinker with a business mindset, hands-on approach and a positive “can do” attitude
- Experience of, interest and ability to work collaboratively in an international setting with multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams, strong awareness of cultural differences
- Regular travel between these Ameropa offices with international travel required (up to 50%)
In case of interest please send your full application (CV, motivational letter, work certificates & diplomas) to Swisslinx at email@example.com. All applications will be handled directly by Swisslinx under exclusive mandate with Ameropa, and therefore Ameropa cannot receive direct applications, nor candidates from other recruiters.