Senior Trade Finance Officer - 100%
Founded in 1948, Ameropa is a Swiss, privately owned international agri-business. We produce, originate and market fertilizers and grains. Our headquarters are in Binningen, Switzerland, near the city of Basel.
We have regional offices on all five continents and invest globally in assets supporting our business activities.
To provide expert guidance on Trade Finance-related transactions to Treasury, Risk and Operations functions. High emphasis on maintaining and developing strong relationships with relevant banks to support the company’s commodities portfolio as they continue to expand their trading volumes. Managerial skills coupled with the responsibility for developing/improving the trade finance department will be essential to this role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control and arrange issuance of Letter of credits (Import / Export) and Guarantees (Bid & Performance Bonds) within Group-wide guidelines.
- Daily contact with banks and other financial institution for De-risking of operations via confirmations, discounting/forfaiting, or counter guarantees: requesting/negotiating/selecting offers as per the needs of the company.
- Follow up on the active trade finance transactions with the Banks (amendments, corrections, extension of maturity dates, answering questions from the banks, investigating / problem solving)
- Taking part in bank meetings with the product managers
- Ability to meet with senior officials of banks, corporates and develop strong and long-standing relationships
- Ensure the provision of adequate and efficient support services pertaining to Trading & Operations desks, resolving their queries/ problems and thereby help them serve their respective external customers in a more efficient manner.
- Warrant the existence of adequate and robust processes and controls (automated/ manual) to guarantee compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Keeping track of the active TF transactions and keeping pertinent statistics per bank.
- Handling queries from the accounting department in connection with TF transactions.
- Administration & Maintenance of internal monitoring tools & shared files
- If needed, supporting tasks for the treasury & risk teams.
- Ad hoc projects related to treasury and risk functions as well as any other duties assigned by senior management.
- 8+ years’ experience in a trade finance position preferably within a commodity trading house (banking background also acceptable)
- Strong transferable portfolio of relationships with banks
- Knowledge of all trade finance tools (L/C, bank guarantee(s), receivables, structured finance deals, transactional trade finance, factoring, etc.)
- Ability to work autonomously and manage people
- Excellent command of French & English languages. German a plus.
- Strong IT literacy, especially with MS Office suite. Knowledge of PowerBI, MS Access and Mitigram is a plus
- Team player accustomed to work in a multi-cultural environment. Multi-geographical background a strong plus
- Good team collaboration and communication
- Structured and result-driven way of working
In case of interest please send your full application (CV, motivational letter, work certificates & diplomas) to Swisslinx at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be handled directly by Swisslinx under exclusive mandate with Ameropa, and therefore Ameropa cannot receive direct applications, nor candidates from other recruiters.