Sustainability Analyst – 100%
Founded in 1948, Ameropa is a Swiss, privately owned international agri-business. We produce, originate and market fertilizers and grains. We have regional offices on all five continents and invest globally in assets supporting our business activities. Recently revising our sustainability approach and defining a sustainability strategy focused on 6 main priorities linked to Environmental Stewardship, Social Responsibility and Business Integrity.
For our Sustainability Department, we are looking for a Sustainability Analyst to be based in Romania (Bucharest, Constanta or Targu Mures). The person will report to the Head of Sustainable Development. The candidate will be involved in collecting and analyzing data for the preparation of the sustainability report and calculation of the carbon footprint. Analysis of this data will enable us to better identify relevant areas where to focus our actions. The candidate will then be able to get involved in the implementation of specific initiatives in Romania, linked for example to sustainable agriculture, reduction of CO2 emissions, by working with our various entities in Romania and partners on some projects.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role is expected to evolve over time as we will gradually better structure our actions in Romania. Depending on the profile and knowledge of the candidate, main responsibilities at the beginning will include:
- Involvement in the preparation of the annual sustainability report: data collection, consistency review, consolidation; part of the team drafting the report;
- Carbon footprint calculation and analysis: collecting needed data from the entities, updating calculation methodology and database, analysis of the results;
- Set up a progress monitoring system in Romania to ensure we are on track with the targets and roadmap defined;
- For initiatives that we implement in Romania, liaise with the project teams to monitor their progress and evaluate their efficiency.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work with data (data gathering, analysis)
- Autonomous, well organized
- Curious, willing to learn and open-minded
- Good communication skills with people from various backgrounds
- Interest for sustainability topics. Knowledge on some sustainability aspects (e.g. carbon footprint, sustainability reporting standards, EU Green Deal..) is a plus.
In case of interest please send your full application (CV, motivational letter, work certificates & diplomas) to Ms Lisa Steiner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your application “Sustainability Analyst”.