OPERATIONS TEAM LEAD – BLACKSEA DESK [TRADE OPERATIONS LEAD – GRAINS] – 100%
Founded in 1948, Ameropa is a Swiss, privately owned international agri-business. We produce, originate and market fertilizers and grains. Our headquarters are in Binningen, Switzerland, near the city of Basel. We have regional offices on all five continents and invest globally in assets supporting our business activities.
The position will be based in Lausanne office, part of the Grain Trading Operations and reporting to the Head of Grains Operations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates & supervise daily desk activities
- Distribution of files & tasks among team members ( balanced workload)
- Logistic planning with Trader/Commercial team
- Execution of purchase and sale contracts ( nominations, documentary instructions, checking LC, payments processing, quality, laytime, tenders’ documentations etc). Origins: Black Sea ( Romania, Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine) to all destinations.
- Supports the team members with the execution of more specialised/difficult cases
- Daily update and fill the internal files and ERP
- Results follow up and costs reconciliation with Trading and Accounting
- Supports the Head of Operations with implementation of medium and long-term strategies & tools ( i.e: processes, procedures, controls, systems, kpi’s)
- Guide, coach & train the desk team members (4).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, International Relations, or a closely related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Grains Trade execution in another trading company.
- Sound experience of letter of credits, commercial contracts, cargo documentation, bills of lading, charter party terms, lay time calculation and customs formalities, Incoterms, Gafta/Fosfa contracts, VAT applicability, storage manipulation and quality of grains – a must.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles (invoices, costs distribution).
- Team-player, dynamic, flexible, hardworking, and eager to go the extra mile.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage time effectively.
- Very proactive with strong ability to face pressure and respect deadlines.
- High levels of integrity & professional standards.
- IT savvy and excellent command of MS Office suite: Excel, Word, Outlook and MS Teams.
- Fluent in English, both written & spoken, further languages ( Romanian, Russian, French) are an advantage.
In case of interest please send your full application (CV, motivational letter, work certificates & diplomas) to Mr. Roman Antonov at email@example.com. Please mark your application "Operations Team Lead".