Trade Finance Officer - 100%
Founded in 1948, Ameropa is a Swiss, privately owned international agri-business. We produce, originate and market fertilizers and grains. Our headquarters are in Binningen, Switzerland, near the city of Basel.
We have regional offices on all five continents and invest globally in assets supporting our business activities.
We are looking for a Trade Finance Officer who will support the treasury team primarily on trade finance transactions and reporting tasks. The position is based in our Binningen office, Switzerland.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control and arrange issuance of letter of credits (Import / Export) and Guarantees (Bid- and Performance Bonds).
- Daily contact with banks and other financial institutions for de-risking of operations via confirmations, discounting/forfaiting or counter guarantees: requesting/negotiating/selecting offers as per the needs of the company.
- Follow up on the active trade finance transactions with the banks (amendments, corrections, extension of maturity dates, answering questions from the banks, investigating / problem solving).
- Participate in bank meetings with the product managers.
- Administration & Maintenance of monitoring tool.
- Supporting / advising the operations desks and trading desks in the daily handling of trade finance transactions.
- Tracking and reporting of active trade finance transactions.
- Handling queries from the accounting department in connection with trade finance transactions.
- Various supporting tasks for the Treasury team.
- Commercial apprenticeship (preferably banking) with further (on the job) training in Trade Finance, or degree in Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years in trade finance, either in banking or commodity trading. Treasury Department exposure is favorable.
- Fluency in English and French required. German is also preferred.
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint proficiency. Knowledge of PowerBI, Access and Mitigram a plus.
- Experience in an international environment, team player, good communication skills, and service orientated thinking.
- Ability to prioritize, work under time pressure, make quick decisions, and take responsibility for key tasks.
In case of interest please send your full application (CV, motivational letter, work certificates & diplomas) to
Ms. Lisa Steiner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your application “Trade Finance Officer”.